What is KöR Teeth Whitening?
KöR teeth whitening is one of the most effective teeth whitening methods, offering consistently excellent results. It helps remove stains on the teeth due to aging, tobacco use, and coloring agents in food and medications. KöR whitening can even remove strong stains from tetracycline exposure.
How does Kör Teeth Whitening Work?
Peroxide in the whitening gel breaks down to release oxygen, which is absorbed deeply into the tooth structure, engaging, and dissolving the staining molecules. Specially designed trays that form a tight seal allow application of the whitening gel for a long period while preventing contamination from saliva which contains antioxidants that can destroy peroxide.
Preparation for KöR Teeth Whitening
- Your doctor will first make sure that your mouth is healthy enough for the whitening treatment by ensuring you are free from cavities and gum disease. If you have any evidence of decay or disease, you must first get these treated before you can start whitening.
- Your doctor may recommend brushing with a desensitizing toothpaste such as Sensodyne once you've been cleared to begin the KöR regimen. This is a simple measure to lessen existing sensitivity while also protecting your teeth from any discomfort caused by the whitening procedure.
Procedure for KöR Teeth Whitening
- Your dentist will take impressions of your teeth in order to create personalized, ultra-comfortable KöR-Seal whitening trays and will discuss the level of KöR whitening needed for your condition.
- You will receive your custom-made teeth whitening trays along with the KöR whitening gel and a desensitizing gel. Your doctor will instruct you on how to use your KöR Whitening Deep Bleaching System. The whitening gel should be kept refrigerated.
- Prior to placing the trays, the desensitizing gel is applied to the teeth.
- The whitening gel is then placed in the trays before placing them in the mouth.
- The treatment often involves wearing the KöR whitening trays while sleeping. This is carried out for two weeks at home.
- Following the two weeks of at-home teeth whitening, you will need to come to our office for an in-office whitening session that will last one to two hours.
- Once you've achieved the desired results, occasional maintenance treatments at home are recommended, usually one night per month.
Benefits of KöR Teeth Whitening
The benefits of KöR teeth whitening include:
- Painless procedure
- Little to no discomfort or sensitivity
- Highly effective teeth whitening, changing tooth color by several shades
- Long-lasting results
- Effective against tough stains such as tetracycline stains